Thursday, April 22, 2010

Here goes. :]

Again and Again


My name is Resa. I am an eighteen year old photographer with dreams as abundant as the stars. I live in Northern Illinois and work at a donut shop (though I despise donuts with a passion). I am deeply in love with a fro-haired cutie [032308-forever <3].

I decided I wanted to be a photographer at the age of six while accompanying my sister while she worked on a school project. I followed her around in the woods and pointed out things I wanted her to take photos of, and it was then that I decided photography was my calling.

I went from using mom's film camera (and leaving her with a bajillion rolls to develop) to dad's not-so-great digital camera to another not-so-great 3mp digital camera I received as a gift.
Finally I saved up some money and purchased a Digital Rebel XT, which I named Magritte after my favorite artist, Rene Magritte. It's pretty out of date now, but it was top of the line when I got it. :p My abilities didn't really progress much until I got Magritte, and since then people seem to be slightly interested in my art for some reason. :p

I have won first place in the Triton College Photography Contest twice and second place once.
I have also won runner up in the USA Network Character's Welcome Contest.
Received press passes for both Mushroomhead and Dope, two bands I enjoy quite a bit.

annnnd. I think that is more than enough for now, I ramble a bit.

P.S. Here is a link to my flickr
and my deviantart .

:] <3

2 comments:

  1. hello resa and welcome. i checked out your flickr page; you have a great eye & an insane sense of adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awh, thank you! That just made my night, seriously. :]

    ReplyDelete