Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Just a little test, to see what I'm doing ;)


Oh wait, that picture above isn't me ;)

The test apparently works!

So, let's introduce myself.
I'm Maarten, 16 years old and I live in The Netherlands.
I began starting with photography at a very young age (I was 5 or 6 when I held a camera for the first time.) My first camera was a little red analog camera which leaked light, so the pictures were a bit strange, sometimes ;) My first real camera was a analog Canon Prima BF-8. Just a point and shoot, but I liked it very much. After 3 years, something went wrong with it and it had to be repaired, but that wasn't possible.

After a few years without a camera, I started to save money for my first digital camera. After having doubts between a Märklin train set or a digital camera, I bought the Sony Cybershot DSC-S500. What a bad camera! Noisy in both ways (shutter&ISO way) and not that good.

The DSLR feeling started when I could borrow a Olympus E-420 from a friend of mine. We went downtown, he with a Olympus E3, and me wuth the E420. I didn't have a clou what I was doing,but I liked it very very much. A few days later, my mother past away, which happened Febuary 2009. My whole life started to turn around, but when it was my birthday (may), it all began to change. Still, I was thinking of my first DSLR, I was thinking of 2 cameras: The Nikon D60 or the Canon EOS 1000D/Rebel XS. The thing was, it stood there , in some paper, but I didn't know what brand, or type, or whatsoever. WHen I opened it, I first saw "Canon" I thought: "Whoopie!"(I don't know why, but I thought it was going to be a Sony, and after my first Sony experience, I didn't want a Sony anymore). Then I saw it was the 1000D/Rebel XS, which made me very happy.

About, a year later, I made about 15,000 pictures with it, who all are very different. Pictures of flowers, of Eindhoven, of a very nice classmate ;), of Barcelona, of parties, of concerts, and I love it.

I hope I can grow in Photography, and learn much here!

Let's see if encluding a picture goes the same way as normal ;)

My Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mphotography1993/

1 comment:

  1. welcome maarten! you have some very unique perspective pics in your flickr stream. look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete