Sunday, May 16, 2010

Another introduction... GABRIELLE!

Goofy [13/365]

Yep, that's me! XD I'm sorry to hit you all with another introduction but I feel like I do need to introduce myself. :) I look forward to diving into "real" posts!

My name is Gabrielle, and I'm a French-Canadian sixteen-year-old from Montreal. I'm homeschooled online using Keystone National High School, which is positively awesome. I have two younger siblings, and my family and I travel a lot. We split our months between the Laurentians in Canada (as if anyone's heard of THAT), Orlando FL and the Bahamas, plus our other travels. :) I always feel a little uncomfortable telling new people but it's really a basic part of my life. Trust me, I'm a very simple gal. :) In fact, I am still trying to pick up my bootstraps and buy a Canon XSi... Yikes.

So, gear. I use a Canon Powershot SX20 IS, which is technically a point-and-shoot on steroids, also known as a superzoom. Not gonna lie, I do take great pleasure in showing off my 20x zoom.

Still, I have been feeling the limitations of my camera lately and that's why I want to get the XSi. For example, I have a very very hard time getting a shallow dof with my superzoom and it doesn't support remotes either--which doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you're doing a 365 you're bound to do self-portraits even if it's not self-portrait-exclusive. There are a bunch of other reasons why I want a DSLR, of course.

So if any of you have any thoughts or advice on the XSi or many on another SLR I should buy, let me know. :)

I love reading, always have. That is probably my first passion, but I really enjoy photography and it would be absolutely amazing if I could do it freelance someday. (In the FUTURE! Haha, still need to learn a lot...)

One of my favorite things to do is go to Disney World or Universal Orlando, even if just to walk around the park and enjoy.

I speak three languages! French and English fluently, and I'm studying Spanish in school.

Nice to meet you all, and I look forward to reading and writing more posts! :)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to show you any of my photos! XD Here's a few. I upload everything to Flickr, it's here.

In the Land of Dreams [17/365]

20/365

23/365

No comments:

Post a Comment